In terms of hormone regulation, the thyroid is probably one of the most important glands in our body. It plays a key role in the distribution and regulation of hormones in a number of body functions such as the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates, oxygen exchange, maintaining a stable body temperature, and the development of the brain. Balance cholesterol and blood calcium levels, which keep the heart and nervous system healthy, regulate menstrual cycles, and maintain healthy skin.
This short list of responsibilities by no means clearly shows why it is so important to keep our thyroid healthy.
When the thyroid gland isn’t working properly, you can develop a condition called hypothyroidism. Some of the more obvious symptoms of this condition include weight gain, fatigue, poor concentration, dry skin and hair.
The antipodal condition hyperthyroidism, which results from an overactive thyroid, is just as dangerous. Some of its symptoms are weight loss, increased blood pressure and heart rate, and diarrhea. Common methods of treating hyperthyroidism include surgery, drug administration, or radioactive iodine. However, all treatments are very dangerous and can damage your thyroid in other ways, resulting in insufficient secretion of some hormones. We offer you a natural remedy that will greatly improve the health of your thyroid and stimulate its function.
Health benefits of the ingredients
- One of the main components of thyroid hormones, iodine, is also included in Cranberries. In addition, they are full of them, and consumption of them can increase the levels of iodine in your body.
- Oranges and lemons are full of vitamin C. This powerful antioxidant keeps your thyroid healthy.
- ginger provides you with magnesium. This element plays an important role in the health of your thyroid.
- cinnamon is known to reduce inflammation, which in turn reduces the risk of hypothyroidism.
To get the most out of this thyroid boosting recipe, take it daily. Not only does it stimulate the thyroid, but it also provides you with a wide variety of vitamins.
Cranberry juice for thyroid stimulation
- 7 cups spring or filtered water
- 1 cup of 100% cranberry juice
- 1/4 tbsp dry ginger
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tbsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Bring the water almost to boiling point. Reduce the heat. Add cranberry juice and spices. Simmer slowly for 20 minutes. Wait until it is completely cool before adding the orange and lemon juice. Drink one dose a day.
For increased effects, take extra vitamin D, vitamin B12, selenium, and goitrogens, which you can find as dietary supplements or in foods like Brazil nuts, fish, broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage. And never forget to exercise.