Blueberries are loaded with anti-inflammatory phytochemicals and antioxidants that help fight off muscle aches and diseases. Coupled with the muscle building properties of chicken, you have the perfect dinner dish.
Completed in: 50 minutes
Power: 4 servings
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, divided
- ½ cup of pomegranate juice or blueberry
- ¼ cup prepared yellow mustard
- 2 TBSP. olive oil
- 1 TBSP. honey
- ¼ cup of dried rosemary
- 2 TBSP. dried basil
- 2 TBSP. ground black pepper
- 20 oz. Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- In a blender, combine 1 cup of blueberries with the next 7 ingredients. Set the mixture aside.
- Pound chicken breast to about ½ inch thick. Marinate the chicken in a mixture, adding water to cover if necessary.
- Heat a large pan. Add marinated chicken breasts and brown on each side. Add marinade, bring everything to a boil and reduce to low heat. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the marinade begins to thin and thicken. Add the remaining blueberries and heat.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 334, Total Fats: 12g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 87mg, Sodium: 453mg, Total Carbohydrates: 23g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 17g, Protein: 34g, Iron: 2 mg