As one of the best-studied nutritional supplements in the world, whey protein offers incredible nutritional value and many health benefits.
In fact, whey protein is considered one of the most important sources of food for high quality protein because it contains all nine essential amino acids – the most important nutrients for achieving your optimal fitness level. It doesn’t matter whether you’re lifting heavy weights to get big and torn, trying to shed some excess weight, or exercising lightly to improve the tone of your muscles and your overall health – whey protein can help you get there where you want to be in less time.
Recent studies have shown that Whey protein can help you increase size, strength, and get rid of fat while maintaining muscle mass.
- A study from Baylor University found that consuming whey protein an hour before and an hour after your workout resulted in the greatest gains in mass and strength, while another group of researchers in Minnesota found that consuming whey protein resulted in significant loss connected to body fat.
And as for fat loss, you probably didn’t know that whey protein can help suppress your appetite and control blood sugar levels.
- A Canadian study concluded that consuming whey protein 30 minutes before a meal reduced calorie expenditure and minimized the risk of overeating in subsequent meals.
But maybe your chronically stressful lifestyle, a well-known barrier to having a fitter and healthier body, is preventing you from losing the amount of fat you want? As it turns out, whey protein can help you with this too.
- A recent study from the Netherlands suggests that consuming whey protein can help you improve your mood significantly. Eliminate symptoms of depression and reverse immunosuppression by simultaneously lowering cortisol levels and increasing serotonin production.
However, the biggest news about this potent form of protein comes from a pool of new scientific data that identifies whey protein as one of the most promising tools in the global fight against certain cancers, particularly prostate and colon cancers.
- A study from Ohio State University shows that regular consumption of whey protein increases levels of the cancer-blocking compound glutathione in the body.
Glutathione is made from the amino acid cysteine, a large part of which is found in whey protein. It’s important to note that there is plenty of scientific evidence to suggest that regular aerobic exercise is bad news for your glutathione levels, which in turn can negatively affect the health of your nervous, gastrointestinal, and immune systems.
- However, a study by the University of Alberta found that whey protein supplementation was associated with significantly less reductions in glutathione levels in subjects who did aerobics.
As mentioned above, whatever your motives and goals, whey protein is an excellent way to accelerate the effects of your workout by stimulating muscle growth, increasing strength, and contributing to greater fat loss while improving your health and wellbeing at the same time as reducing the amount of fat Risk of prostate and colon cancer, strengthening of the immune system and promotion of psychological balance and stability.
Science has spoken: including whey protein in your diet will make a significant difference in the way you live, eat, and exercise. So choose a trustworthy, high quality brand and enjoy the beneficial effects of this amazing powder.