What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of health? Probably your physical health – if you feel sick, have stomach aches, migraines, a knee, or if you feel fine and pain free. But what about your sanity? And your sanity?
In reality, we cannot divide health. Our health is so much more than our physical being, and that’s why I like to look at health from a holistic perspective. While physical health is of the utmost importance, our minds and spirits are easily overlooked and underestimated. Everything we consume mentally, spiritually, and physically affects our well-being.
Thank you for watching!Visit the website
We are spiritual beings who have a human experience on this planet. Our physical bodies are not who we are – our spiritual selves or souls are. No matter what happens to your physical body, nothing can touch your soul.
How to incorporate holistic health practices into every day
Holistic health is about wholeness and community. As a personal trainer turned life coach, I see holistic health as a lifestyle instead of focusing on quick fixes and short-term goals. I look at a person’s full life and what could be causing stress or toxicity, and I help them conduct a daily mindfulness practice so that they are mentally, spiritually and physically able to maintain harmony and detoxify negative influences in any area of life.
Thank you for watching!Visit the websiteThank you for watching!Visit the website
Since I see physical, mental, and spiritual awareness as a connected path, I try to make sure that I nourish each of these areas on a daily basis. For example, if I get up – before I touch my social media, answer emails, or do anything else -:
- Hydrate to nourish my physical body
- Pray and meditate to honor my mental and spiritual elements
- Practice yoga, the immersion of all three: spiritually, spiritually, and physically
How do you start your day Instantly hop on Instagram, check your email, turn on the news, and chug coffee? If so, I highly recommend trying a new approach to your mornings so that you are consuming less outside toxicity. Why?
- For mental health, it is important to have a positive attitude and learn to create affirmations for yourself when doubts and negativity creep in.
- For mental health it is important to meditate daily at least 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes before going to bed in order to connect with your soul despite external influences in order to achieve divine guidance, stress reduction and healing.
- For physical health, it is important that you exercise your body for at least 30 minutes a day and activate every organ and cell for optimal health and vitality. It’s also important to follow a plant-based eating plan and eliminate processed and toxic foods.
Yes, changing your routine takes dedication to become a new habit. And you might even slip a few times as your old habits will be hard to break. But do your best to schedule time with yourself to start each day, and stick to it as best you can. You will be surprised how quickly and profoundly these new habits are positively affecting your day.
Could your strength and stamina use a boost? Are you looking for ways to better connect your mind and body? Let yourself be guided by Koya Webb – an internationally recognized yoga teacher, holistic health advisor, writer, speaker and vegan activist. She partnered with Oxygen to develop the Wellness Warrior Workout, an exclusive six-week program that includes progressive workouts, weekly guided yoga flows, guided meditations, breath work, and mindfulness instructions. Plus, she shares over a dozen of her favorite plant-based recipes. Register today!